Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pasta and Mini Meatball Soup (10 Days of Family Friendly Soups)

This series: I've made a lot of soup in the past few years.  I've come to know what my family will eat and what they won't.  Why don't you put my experience to work for you?!  Hope you find something tasty!  (I think you will!)

10 Days of Family Friendly Soups :: Day 4



For today's soup, I'm going to send you directly to the source - An Edible Mosaic.  I don't make any changes or adjustments to this recipe - I make it as is and it is delicious!   It's an excellent soup.  My kiddos gobble it up because it's spaghetti and meatballs, and I feel great about it because it's got lean meat and lots of veggies.    You'll love the recipe, and you'll love the photos over at An Edible Mosaic - they're much lovelier and tastier-looking than mine, as you shall see :)     

Enjoy!



Notes

Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and a side of garlic bread or cheesy break sticks.

The little homemade meatballs cook right inside the soup, so it's a nice time saver not having to bake them before adding!

This soup freezes well.  However, freeze before adding the pasta rings.  Once the soup is thawed and reheating, add pre-cooked, al dente pasta.

When serving as leftovers, or if the soup is too thick, add broth, water, tomato sauce, or tomato/vegetable juice to thin to desired consistency.



*   *   *   *   *   *

Note: when the 10 Days Series is over, all soup recipes will be available on 
The Soup Savvy Page at the top.  So please feel free to Pin them now, or come back and visit the soup page another time!  You won't miss out on anything! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this one looks promising for my crew! I think I may have to cheat and do our beloved Trader Joe's mini meatballs but this makes me want to try my hand at making our own :)

    ReplyDelete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...