Thursday, March 13, 2014

He Was Baptized...

in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit!  

Welcome to the Church, James!

There aren't many picture of the Baptism itself (sadness) because my oft- malfunctioning camera was doing what it does best - malfunctioning.  But here are the couple we did manage to get...



James was baptized in a shirt that my parents bought in Venice when they were expecting me!  As far as I know, all of my siblings and me were baptized in it and all of my children have been as well.  I sewed the little white pants for Aaron's baptism and we've used them for all the other kids as well.  






Lord, our God, out of the speech of little children you have fashioned a hymn of praise. Look with kindness on this child whom the faith of the Church commends to your tender care. Your Son, born of the Virgin Mary, gladly welcomed little children. He took them in his arms, blessed them, and held them up as an example for all.
We pray that you, Father, will also send your blessing on him, so that they he may grow in Christian maturity and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, become Christ's witness in the world, spreading and defending the faith.

1 comment:

  1. That outfit is so sweet. And how wonderful to have that connection to family history!

    ReplyDelete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...