Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Beautiful Lego Mind (Embrace the Ordinary :: vol. 6)


This week I'm sharing with you an unexpected joy of motherhood: the oft Lego-strewn floor and the intensely creative brain of the child engineer who could build, build, build and still come up with new ideas all day long.   Aaron has a unique brain.  I think.  And I get to see it shine when he's in his Lego universe.  What a blessing it is to be his mom and to watch him at something he enjoys so thoroughly and is so skilled at!

I had no first hand exposure to Legos when I was a child and always thought of them as the toys that strange little boys played with. It certainly never occurred to me that they would be a favored item in my own home one day.  It appears I was wrong in my assumptions, and I now understand that Legos are the toys of fantastically awesome little boys!  


I love "Embrace the Ordinary" at Someday (Hopefully) They'll Be Saints!  It's a gentle nudge each week to intentionally seek out God's goodness in the seemingly mundane. 

I was so very happy to co-host with Gina these last two weeks!  Please join her and me in celebrating the little things - the blessings sometimes in disguise - and link up your own story or photo of "embracing the ordinary" things that make every-day life awesome!

"...there is something holy, something divine hidden in the most ordinary 
situations, and it is up to each one of you to discover it."
St. Josemaria Escriva, Passionately Loving the World

2 comments:

  1. We love Legos!!

    I finally have my post up and the linky ready. What a day/week/month. Thanks for hosting with me!! If you'd like, I'll have you again sometime! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tat truck makes me so happy with the precision color and symmetry. My brother and I would spend hours building cars and then having a crash derby. Or, I loved to take all the Legos, organize them by color, size, and shape and creat a store. I would then build a cart and go shopping for the pieces I needed. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...