Monday, July 21, 2014

Embrace the Ordinary (Vol. 1)

I couldn't resist this new link-up from Gina at Someday (Hopefully) They'll be Saints! Embracing the Ordinary???  That's me, baby!

Today, the ordinary moment I loved was the kids slurping on homemade popsicles.  For my kids, having popsicles on a hot and sticky day IS what it means to enjoy summer.  They delight in popsicles like I delight in creamy iced coffee - so simple, yet so appreciated.  I hope I always remember and appreciate what a joy it is to have children who only need popsicles to make a summer's day a perfect summer's day.  


*   *   *   *   *   *
"...there is something holy, something divine hidden in the most ordinary situations, and it is up to each one of you to discover it."  St. Josemaria Escriva, Passionately Loving the World





2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I looooove this! So glad you joined the party! ;) And the quote is brilliant. Mind if I use it on all the Embrace the Ordinary posts???

    ReplyDelete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...