Friday, June 13, 2014

Seven Love Songs for My Husband (and the Father of My Children)

Seven Love Songs for Russ (because he was my husband before he was their father.)

Happy Father's Day, Babe!
(I love you!)

* If you're reading this and you're not Russ, I still think you'll enjoy these songs.  
I have pretty good taste in music. (cough. cough. totally subjective.  cough.) *


(1)
I Could Write a Book (Harry Connick Jr.)




(2)
because even though it's not a love song, they were the band that was our first not-really-a-date date (and cause we saw them when they were still playing bars before the big-time stage venues :) )
Mari Mac (Great Big Sea)

                      
Meri-Mac (Great Big Sea)

(3)
That Thing You Do (the Wonders)
both versions!
(This makes me want to plan a movie night with you and Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters...)







(4)
The Wonder of You (Elvis)

                     

(5)
Make Someone Happy (Jimmy Durante)

 

(6)
 because it's kind of like our song...
Signed, Sealed, Delivered  (Stevie Wonder)



(7)
Romance.
What are you Doing the Rest of Your Life? (Frank Sinatra)

                       


*   *   *   *   *   *

If you're not Russ and your still reading this, got any fabulous love song recommendations for me to add to the I-love-my-husband playlist?  

*   *   *   *   *   *

Linking up my Seven Quick Takes with Kathryn from Team Whitaker, who is filling in for Jen who's taking a summer break.  Kathryn's from Texas.  You'll like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...