Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ordinary Lovely Has a Facebook Page (and a Novena Invitation!)

Tonight the Ordinary Lovely Facebook page goes live!  Sounds exciting and  official, right?  Even though I can't promise lights, confetti, and champagne, I would like to invite you to join me there.  "Like" me, if you will :)  

I thought there was no better way to kick off this new facet of the blog, than to invite you to join me in the Novena to St. Josemaria Escriva.  It starts today, June 17th and concludes on his feast day, June 26.  Josemaria is one of my favorite saints because his message is one of holiness for everyone: sanctification in our everyday lives - in our work and in our rest, in our prayer and in our leisure time.  Every moment, every task, every enjoyment - the "small realities" that make up our days - are opportunities to glorify God and sanctify ourselves.  I've got a lot of ordinary happening here in this life of mine.  St. Josemaria's words encourage me to see my ordinary life as the specially-selected circumstances God has chosen for me to work within to obtain holiness.  


I hope you'll hang out with me on Facebook and begin this Novena with me!  The daily Novena prayers are posted at the St. Josemaria Institute Facebook page.  See you there!  




2 comments:

  1. Theresa
    have been thinking about adding my blog to fb but I can't work out how to do it. I wanted to us my current fb email, how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, it was actually easier than I expected. If you are in your personal facebook page and click on the little Settings arrow at the very top right, it gives you the option to "create page." Just follow the instructions, and once you have a new page created, it's actually very easy to go back and forth between your personal and blog page b/c it gives you the option under that same arrow to choose which "identity" (so to speak) you want to be using facebook as. Looking forward to seeing if you start one! I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to use mine, we'll see how it unfolds.

      Delete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...