Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Birthday, Blog!

I wrote my first blog post a year ago yesterday!  I don't necessarily know that this space has become the blog that I had in mind back then. But I've enjoyed it and think I will continue, if only to have a little reminder of the small things that I love about my life. 

Yesterday afternoon, the first thing that Aaron noticed when he came into the living room was a tiny, red leaf stuck to the rainy window.  It sort of encompassed the things that I love documenting here... the simple things that are lovely because we've taken the time to notice and appreciate them. 



Lord, how great you are in everything!  But you move me even more when you come down to our level, to follow us and to seek us in the hustle and bustle of each day.  Lord, grant us a childlike spirit, pure eyes and a clear head so that we may recognize you when you come without any outward sign of your glory.
St. Josemaria Escriva, Towards Holiness (Friends of God, 313)

Thank you, readers, for joining me in this small chronicle of thanksgiving for my ordinary, lovely life!  

2 comments:

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...