Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boys and Their 2x4's

And to think that when we first moved in I wanted to throw all this scrap wood away...




I always imagined that when we bought a home that we'd also have a lovely yard.  I don't have a lovely yard, and I've grown accustomed to all that the yard has become as a result of my boys.  Although I used to, now I don't mind the dirt, rocks, twigs (or logs), mounds of grenades pine cones, and scrap wood that the kids haul all over the place.  I'd rather have my crazy creative kids than a pristine yard.  I have to remind myself of this frequently because a tranquil, beautiful yard does sound immensely delightful... I just don't envision it happening any time soon.  I've given myself over to boys and their 2x4's.  

Linking up with Cari at Clan Donaldson for Theme Thursday: Boys.

13 comments:

  1. Actually, your yard looks pretty lovely, really. Your boys are quite impressive with what they have come up with here. Love the golf run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are pretty creative. Even I've been surprised at what they've come up with.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Rebekah - you were my 100 comment! I'm trying to figure out how to celebrate! (thanks!)

      Delete
  2. Boys and their 2x4s... As an apartment dweller, I envy you! Your kids must have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we really are so fortunate to have a place for running and jumping. Crazy yard is better than no yard!

      Delete
  3. Give em a hammer and nails (plus some supervision and perhaps goggles and helmet lol) and see what they come up with. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm... I would like an addition on the house ;)

      Delete
  4. I have a hard time letting go of the yard and outside stuff, though my sanity requires it! We need to get our boys together more...they would have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this!! Kids use can make use of anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome way to use spare wood. I may have to get my hubby to part with some of his!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spare wood as blocks makes me want to visit my parents' ASAP and raid theirs. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that track!! I may have to get some 2x4s and cut them up, just to see what my kids would come up with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The simplest toys are the best, aren't they? And I hear you on the pipe dream of a beautiful yard. Our back yard has been turned into a zipline track and series of holes.

    ReplyDelete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...